The Milk House Farm Market was established in 2007 by Brenda Slack, a 4th generation farmer of the Slack family. Our farm was established in 1850 and was operated as a dairy farm until 1988. Brenda is the first generation to grow fruits and vegetables on the farm. The Slack family farms 120 acres, 30 of which are for vegetables and fruit and the other 90 acres are dedicated to corn, grains, and hay for animal consumption. The family has decided to preserve the farm to ensure its use for agricultural purposes for years to come.
Milk House Farm Market is not a certified organic farm, but all produce is grown with organic practices- all crops are planted with certified organic seeds, and all crops except for the sweet corn are spray free. The sweet corn is sprayed with a certified organic spray called PyGanic.
Farm History andPublications